안녕하세요:) 위스콘신대학교 한국대표입니다.
오늘도 TED 영상을 통해
영어문구를 한번 학습해보도록 하겠습니다.
:: How movies teach manhood
[ TED 영단어 ]
1) It gave her a great excuse to wear a sparkly dress and carry a wand.
→ 변명, 이유, 구실, 핑계 거리
ex) Late again! What's your excuse this time?
2) Are they absorbing the story that a male hero's job is to defeat the villain with violence and then collect the reward,
→ 폭행, 폭력, 격렬함, 맹렬함
ex) Violence broke out/erupted inside the prison last night.
3) The monkeys are rather aggressive, as are the apple trees.
ex) He gets aggressive when he's drunk.
4) The Wizard of Oz" to me is that all of the most heroic and wise and even villainous characters are female.
→ 영웅적인, 용감무쌍한, 투지 넘치는
ex) a heroic figure
5) They are doing a phenomenal job of teaching girls how to defend against the patriarchy,
→ 경이적인, 경탄스러운
ex) The product has been a phenomenal success
02. 548. 0570